The Kentucky Oaks draw Monday at Churchill Downs established Nest as the favorite and represented a tough break for another top contender.
Nest drew the No. 4 spot and was installed as the morning-line favorite at 5-2 to win.
The draw was less kind to trainer D. Wayne Lukas’ Secret Oath, who drew the inside No. 1 position.
Kathleen O. drew the No. 10 spot and 7-2 odds. No. 7 Echo Zulu is at 4-1.
The Oaks has an approximate post time of 5:51 pm Friday. The race will air on USA Network and will be available for streaming via NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
Kentucky Derby 2022: post position draw, lineup, odds and entries for full field
Derby week: Want to experience the 2022 Kentucky Derby without the cost? Try Thurby and Oaks days instead
Kentucky Derby horses: Trainer Steve Asmussen hopes Echo Zulu’s Kentucky Oaks race goes as smoothly as the draw
The post position draw with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
1. Secret Oath, D. Wayne Lukas, Luis Saez, 6-1
2. Nostalgic, Bill Mott, Jose Ortiz, 15-1
3. Hidden Connection, Bret Calhoun, Rey Gutierrez, 20-1
4. Nest, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 5-2
5. Goddess of Fire, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 15-1
6. Yuugiri, Rudolphe Brisset, Florent Geroux, 30-1
7. Echo Zulu, Steve Asmussen, Joel Rosaria, 4-1
8. Venti Valentine, Jorge Abreu, Tyler Gaffalione, 20-1
9. Desert Dawn, Phil D’Amato, Umberto Rispoli, 20-1
10. Kathleen O., Shug McGaughey, Javier Castellano, 7-2
11. Cocktail Moments, Kenny McPeek, Corey Lanerie, 30-1
12. Candy Raid, Keith Desormeaux, Rafael Bejarno, 30-1
13. Shahama, Todd Pletcher, Flavien Prat, 15-1
14. Turnerloose, Brad Cox, Manny Franco, 20-1
AE 15. Beguine, Daniel Peitz, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1
This article originally appeared on Louisville Courier Journal: Kentucky Oaks 2022: Post position draw, odds, lineup, full field