Applications Are Now Open for ACT Foundation’s 2022 Changemakers Innovation Challenge, N12 Million in Grants.
The Changemakers Innovation Challengeone of ACT Foundation’s flagship philanthropic programs spotlighting and celebrating Africa’s entrepreneurial talent, has opened applications for its 2022 edition.
Entrepreneurs from all of Africa, across every age group and gender, and pursuing change within the Foundation’s key focus areas – Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment, and Leadership can now submit their applications for a chance to become one of the top 10 finalists.
Online applications open from the 4th of July to close on Sunday the 24th of July, 2022; the top ten finalists will be announced on 26th August 2022. Three ultimate winners from the pool of ten finalists will be unveiled at the ACT Foundation’s annual Breakfast Dialogue in September 2022.
ACT Foundation will grant the three winners N12 Million Naira in prize money. In addition, all ten finalists will benefit from in-kind support and mentoring from the ACT Foundation and its partners. To apply or read more, go to http://changemakers.actrustfoundation.org/.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge aims to reach as many entrepreneurs as possible, focusing on entrepreneurs who have already launched their companies and have a two-year track record.
“This year’s theme, Innovations that provide lasting solutions to Africa’s greatest challenges, is a bold call to action,” said Osayi Alile, CEO of ACT Foundation. “We call on all talented African entrepreneurs who challenge stereotypes associated with food insecurity, weak health systems, low access to healthcare, low-quality education, climate change and desertification, high unemployment, financial exclusion, water scarcity, and economic inequality.”
“With the rapid development of the global digital economy and the availability of technology, the next century belongs to Africa,” Alile added. “Through the Changemakers Innovation Challenge, we aim to support African entrepreneurs to build a more inclusive and prosperous Africa and dramatically shape the continent’s future prospects for the better.”
- Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge opens on Monday, 4th July 2022, and closes Sunday, 24th July 2022. Late entries will not be considered.
- Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
- All entries for this challenge must be submitted in English.
- No entry fee, purchase or payment of any kind is required to apply.
- Grant funding will be awarded to the top three (3) winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge towards scaling their innovative solutions across different communities. Technical support will also be awarded to other finalists.
- Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue, billed for September 2022.
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. Businesses carrying out innovations that lead to social impact may also apply.
- Organizations must submit social innovations that address challenges within any of the Foundation’s key focus areas – Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment, and Leadership
- Non-profits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registries in their respective countries.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology or digital systems as significant tools in driving community impact. Evidence of claims must be provided through web links, videos, pictures, and other online presence.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years
- All social innovations must be at the growth stage and must have been tested or implemented on direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim must be provided through pictures, news releases, etc.
- All social innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. PILOT INNOVATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For more information, please visit http://changemakers.actrustfoundation.org/ or follow @actfoundation_on social media.