Did you miss the top health system stories on Drug Topics® for 2022? Catch up on these noteworthy stories today.
10. The Implications of Opioid Use in Treating Cancer-Related Pain
As the main course of treatment for cancer-related pain, the use of opioids comes with a number of issues for both patients and prescribers.
9. Specialty Drug Pipeline Updates for 2022
The specialty drug pipeline includes first- and next-in-class drugs across the oncology and immunology spaces.
8. Toolkit Evaluates Automated Dispensing Station Overrides
A toolkit provides insight into the use of automated dispensing station overrides for emergency situations.
7. Mitigating Costs of Cancer Treatment: The Role of Pharmacists
Cancer care is expensive, but pharmacists can help.
6. Pharmacist Follow-up Improves Patient Quality of Life After Emetogenic Chemotherapy
Follow-ups from pharmacists show a significant increase in outpatient antiemetic drugs prescribed and quality of life in patients experiencing chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
5. Integrated Health System Pharmacy Models Associated With Medication Adherence, Fewer Side Effects
Patient reported outcomes were positive for those who filled medications at an integrated health system specialty pharmacy.
4. Workforce Challenges for Health System Pharmacy
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed the cracks in the pharmacy health system. Here’s how the workforce can adapt.
3. Paving the Way: Transition from Community to Health System Pharmacy Practice
Making a smooth transition from community pharmacy to health system pharmacy practice is possible, especially for those with marketable skills.
2. Creating Opportunities for Collaboration Between Community, Health System Pharmacy
Cross-practice collaboration is one of the best ways to improve patient outcomes.
1. Social Determinants of Health Data Collection Needs Improvement
Collecting data on social determinants of health carries a number of issues and needs to be improved to create learning health systems.