Free Advertiser-Supported Spanish Language Live-Streaming Weather News Network Launches on 40th Anniversary of The Weather Channel
The Weather Channel en Español announces the network’s first on-camera meteorologists, including veteran meteorologist Albert Martinez
LOS ANGELES , May 2, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Byron Allen’s Allen Media Group television network The Weather Channel – the # 1 source for television news and information – is today’s launch of its brand-new free television network The Weather Channel en Españolthe first 24/7 Spanish-language free-streaming weather news network in the United States. The Weather Channel en Español makes its historic debut on the 40th anniversary of the launch of The Weather Channel television network. The Weather Channel en Español has signed major sponsors including Ford, GEICO, General Motors, Toyota, Walmart and many others.
The Weather Channel en Español features including a variety of Spanish-language weather content, including locally specific forecasting, storytelling that will help viewers understand the variation behind weather events, climate science, and its human impact. Also, the new free-streaming network will utilize the full resources of The Weather Channelincluding the network’s multiple Emmy® award-winning immersive mixed reality (IMR) technology. Viewers can expect the same exceptional quality and timely reporting The Weather Channelalong with seamless collaboration among other Allen Media Group platforms such as Pattrn – The Weather Channel’s climate, environment and sustainability network.
“The launch of the Weather Channel in Español is historic, and is a recognition of the continued and significant growth of the US Hispanic population and the constant need to keep the whole “He said,” he said, “he said,” Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman and CEO of The Weather Channel parent company, Allen Media Group. “I am proud to say viewers of The Weather Channel en Español will be able to increase their safety and awareness of extreme weather events with the full support of the number one weather news network, and its vast resources, infrastructure, technology, and scientists. “
“I’m very proud to be a part of Allen Media Group’s significant investment in The Weather Channel en Español,” said Sussy Ruiz, Editor-in-Chief of The Weather Channel en Español. “The Weather Channel has been voted the most-trusted news brand in America for 11 consecutive years, and the fifth most-trusted brand overall. 40-year history of excellence. “
“The Weather Channel en Español represents the continuing commitment of the Weather Channel to keeping the entire public informed and safe when severe weather is about to strike,” he said Nora Zimmett, President, News and Original Series for Weather Group. “In addition to vital weather and climate information, The Weather Channel en Español also provides cutting edge technology, comprehensive storytelling, plus compelling and engaging original programming.”
The first on-camera meteorologists to join The Weather Channel en Español are Albert Martinez, Henry Golac, Milmar Ramirez, Jessica Fernandez, Abel Hernandez and Lorena Lim.
- Martinez The Weather Channel brings over 13 years of experience to Español and is known as one of the most trusted names in weather coverage, especially among Hispanic audiences. He is a 13-time Emmy® award recipient, 5-time Telly award recipient and one of the highest rated meteorologists in the industry. His experience includes extensive living and field reporting of climate change, science, and astronomy. In a new role as Senior Meteorologist, Martinez will be responsible for directing and managing all aspects of weather content for the Weather Channel en Español, including integrating his previous experience in augmented and immersive mixed reality as a Max Reality Ambassador for The Weather Company (IBM) ). Prior to joining The Weather Channel en Español, Martinez anchored as Chief Meteorologist for Univision Network’s Despierta America, Edicion Digital, Noticiero Univision, and PrendeTV.
- Golac is the 11-time Emmy® award-winning meteorologist and is the 2021 Rocky Mountain Emmy® award recipient for Best Weather Anchor in Arizona. Most recently, Golac served as Chief Meteorologist at Telemundo in Arizona. Golac has also held various roles at Univision Orlando, Radio Exito 105.5 FM and America Teve Channel 41.
- Ramirez is also the Emmy® award-winning meteorologist with extensive experience in Spanish-language reporting. Previously, Ramirez was an anchor at Telemundo and Univision in Dallaswhere it presented the weather forecast, as well as planned and coordinated severe weather coverage.
- Fernandez joins the network from Univision 23 Miami and previously held positions as a meteorologist at NBC KGNS 8 Gray Television in Laredo, Texas and WSVN Channel 7 Miami/ Sunbeam Television. She earned a Professional Science Master’s Degree in Broadcast Meteorology from the University of Miami.
- Hernandez Hispanic markets like more than 20 years experience New York, Miami, Dallasand San Antonio. Hernandez has won multiple Emmy® Awards in various categories such as best weather anchor, Texas.
- Lim joins The Weather Channel en Español from Salt Lake City, Utah where she was chief meteorologist for the Telemundo local station. Lim was responsible for forecasting and planning significant weather events in the area, as well as coordinating and producing weather coverage for markets like Sacramento, Tampa, Denver, Las Vegasand Arizona. Previously, she was the chief meteorologist at a local Oklahoma news station, and held roles as a forecaster and researcher at Cuba’s National Institute of Oceanography and the National Institute of Meteorology.
The Weather Channel en Español is 100% free and available across over-the-top streaming platforms and all mobile devices. The content is focused on the US, the Caribbean and Latin America. The Weather Channel en Español is also accessible via The Weather Channel app.
About The Weather Channel en Español
The Weather Channel en Español network is the first 24/7 Spanish-language free-streaming weather news network in the United Statesprovides weather coverage and news across the US, the Caribbean and Latin America. The network is 100% free and available across over-the-top streaming platforms. The Weather Channel offers a variety of Spanish language weather content, including regionally specific forecasting, storytelling that will help viewers understand the variation behind weather events, and climate science and the human impacts. The Weather Channel en Espanol is the extension of The Weather Channel television network, the # 1 source for weather news and information on TV. For more information follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About The Weather Channel
Since its launch 40 years ago, The Weather Channel television network has become the top-rated and most widely distributed weather network in America. The Weather Channel television network has been the leader in severe weather coverage, providing the nation’s only 24-hour source of national storm coverage. With trusted meteorologists who analyze, forecast and report the weather, its expertise is unrivaled. In 2018, the Ipsos poll ranked The Weather Channel as the most trusted name in news media and in 2021 and 2019, The Weather Channel won Emmy Awards for its innovative Immersive Mixed Reality technology which is changing the standard in weather presentation. For 11 years in a row (2011-2021), Harris Poll has ranked The Weather Channel as the “TV News Brand of the Year.” For more information visit: www.weathergroup.com.
SOURCE Allen Media Group