If NFTs are your thing, then the recent release of the WPT Global Online poker room’s Celebrity Poker Heroes will have you champing at the bit – Tom Dwan, Phil Ivey, Maria Konnikova and legendary DJ Steve Aoki among the NFT avatars up for grabs.
In addition, there will be a #VegasBattleRoyale competition that could see you spending an unforgettable night at Omnia Las Vegas Nightclub – a $ 15,000 package including a meet-and-greet with Steve Aoki himself.
The World Poker Tour has joined forces with GAMAVRS, the California-based iGaming x Blockchain studio, to add an NFT element to their Global Online cardroom.
This week saw superstar DJ Steve Aoki, best-selling author Maria Konnikova, poker legend Tom “Durrrr” Dwan and Poker Hall of Famer Phil Ivey all released as cartoon-ish characters.
Other famous names to be revealed include: Patrik Antonius, Andrew “LuckyChewy” Lichtenberger, Brad Owen, Joseph Cheong, Johnny “Vibes” Moreno, Lynn Gilmartin, Maria Ho, Vince Van Patten, Matt Savage, Joe “Daddy” Stevenson, and Adam Owen.
The celebrities are only a small – but very important – part of Poker Heroes collection, which has 9,999 unique 3D avatars minted on the Polygon blockchain.
“Our poker-themed NFTs are really Access NFTs, so we will initially launch with 9,999 avatars for poker enthusiasts around the globe and expand based on user demand. It’s not about scarcity for us, but more about access for holders, ”said Moradpour.
Owning one of them allows you to utilise perks through the WPT Global Online collaboration, such as invites to $ 100,000 free rolls, skipping waitlists to play with celebrities, and access to WPT VIP live events.
How will you know if you’re up against the real-deal when you play online? That’s simple, says Meysam Moradpour, general manager of the Innovation Lab at A5 Labs, the parent company of Gamavrs.
“Players will immediately know if they are playing against the real Steve Aoki, based on his NFT profile, which has a different shape and size than common profiles inside the WPT Global platform.”
The 9,999 avatars – rendered by combining 100+ unique poker-themed traits and accessories – are divided into three rarity groups:
- Humans (60% of total supply)
- Cyborgs (30% of total supply)
- Gods (10% of total supply)
Each level comes with their own inbuilt poker superpower perks:
- $ 100,000 freeroll tournaments
- sponsored seats in Millionaire Maker events on WPT Global
- access to a private poker discord channel.
- as above, plus access to exclusive celebrity poker tables.
- everything Cyborgs receive, plus access to live World Poker Tour VIP events.
#Vegas Battle Royale!
To coincide with the release of the Celebrity Poker Heroes avatar NFTs, GAMAVRS is launching a week-long #VegasBattleRoyal contest – together with iconic DJ Steve Aoki and notorious Las Vegas nightclub “Omnia”.
This week, NFT holders need to collect as many points as they can to be in with a chance of a meet-and-greet with Steve Aoki and spending an unforgettable night at Omnia Las Vegas.
The package, worth over $ 15k, includes:
- A night at Omnia Nightclub in Las Vegas with up to 5 friends.
- Meet and Greet with Steve Aoki
- Omnia Las Vegas bottle service (for up to 6 persons, worth a total of $ 10,000)
- Travel expenses (flights and hotel, worth a total of $ 5,000
To be in with a chance of winning, here are the game rules!
Vegas Battle Royale points multipliers:
Existing NFT holders:
- Each NFT holder starts with a balance of 200 points per Poker Hero NFT they own.
Social media participation:
- 5 points each for following @gamavrs on Twitter, Instagram or Discord.
- 5 points each for tagging friends on Twitter, Instagram and Discord.
- 10 points each for tagging @gamavrs on Twitter, Instagram or Discord and pointing “Joining the #VegasBattleRoyale.”
- 20 points each if their friends reshare their “Joining the #VegasBattleRoyale” posts on Twitter, Instagram or Discord.
New NFT buyers:
- 200 points per avatar by minting a Poker Hero NFT at a maximum of three per wallet during the next pre-mint on Thursday, May 12, for 0.05 Ether (ETH) on gamavrs.com.
- 400 points per avatar by buying a Poker Hero NFT on OpenSea.
After five days, Gamavrs will collect the points from all participants and draw a lucky winner. The more points collected during the Vegas Battle Royale contest, the higher the chances of winning the contest during the weighted draw.
Example: someone that has 1,000 points has a 10% chance of winning versus someone with 100 points that has a 1% chance.
About the contest, Meysam Moradpour stated: “Gamavrs is a blockchain iGaming studio, so we wanted to launch a contest that is gamified, fun and fair. Each Vegas Battle Royale mission provides a different amount of points to players and the more points you can collect, the higher your chances of winning the grand prize. ”