Daniel L. Perez Elementary School
Summer school 7:30 am-3 pm Monday to Friday. Call 671-635-2177/0404.
Orientation at 10 am at the cafeteria:
- August 2: Kindergarten students.
- August 3: Second- and third-grade students.
- August 4: Fourth- and fifth-grade students.
VSA Benavente Middle School
Entrance gate will open at 7:30 am starting Aug. 10 for drop off.
Academy of Our Lady of Guam
- Monday: Faculty report to work 7:30 am-3:30 pm
- Wednesday: AOLG closed 8 am-11:30 am for training.
- August 19: Freshman parent orientation 6 pm
- August 20: TeacherEase workshop for parents.
- August 29: Senior parent orientation 6 pm
Guåhan Academy Charter School
- Monday: Professional development for all teachers and staff at 8 am at the cafeteria.
- Tuesday: Parent-student orientation at the cafeteria from 8:30-9:30 am for elementary school students; from 9:30-10:30 am for middle school students; from 10:30-11:30 am for high school students.
- Wednesday: School starts from 7:45 am-2 pm
- Uniform top and khaki bottom must be worn every day. Uniforms can be found at Royal Bic’s. Uniform vouchers are available for those who qualify, for more information contact the attendance and safety officer Mr. Die.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. Free and reduced meals are available for students who qualify.
GCC Foundation LGBTQ Leadership scholarship
Guam Community College students who self-identify as part of the LGBTQ community can apply for the LGBTQ Leadership scholarship. Must be a resident of Guam who is a full-time new or continuing student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher at GCC.
Two awardees will receive $500 for the fall 2022 semester. Deadline to apply is Aug. 31. For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at 671-735-5543/5544 or email [email protected]
Atilana Rambayon scholarship
Guam Community College’s Atilana Rambayon scholarship is open to full-time or part-time new or continuing students who are a single parent pursuing a GCC associate degree program. Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher, be a graduate of the GCC GED or Adult Education program, and be a resident of Guam.
The awardee will receive $500 for the fall 2022 semester. Deadline to apply is 5 pm Aug. 31. For more information contact the Financial Aid office at 671-735-5543/5544.
The Society of Emeritus Professors and Retired Scholars scholarship
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students attending the University of Guam with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA can apply for the Society of Emeritus Professors and Retired Scholars scholarship.
The awardee will receive up to $1,000 for the academic year with $500 given per semester and be invited to attend an award ceremony. Deadline to apply is 3:00 pm Aug. 26. For more information, contact [email protected]
The Filipino Ladies Association of Guam scholarship
Guam residents or US citizens who are full-time undergraduate students at the University of Guam with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA can apply for the Filipino Ladies of Association of Guam scholarship. Additionally, applicants cannot be a recipient of any other private scholarship and do not have a criminal record.
Two awardees will be given $500. Deadline is 5 pm Aug. 22. For more information, contact [email protected]
Dave J. Santos scholarship
The Guam Chamber of Commerce’s Dave J. Santos scholarship is open to full-time juniors or seniors at the UOG School of Business and Public Administration. Must have a 3.0 GPA, be a graduate of a Guam high school or resident of Guam for at least two years, and have a genuine interest in promoting entrepreneurship.
Awardee gets $1,000 per semester and a paid internship with the chamber. Apply until Aug. 12. Contact the UOG Financial Aid office at 671-735-2288 or Guam Chamber at 671-472-6311/8001 or email [email protected]
University of Guam
Applications for Fanuchånan semester are accepted until Monday. Classes begin Aug. 17; most classes are in person.
Residents aged 50 and older are eligible for the tuition waiver program. Call the Office of Admissions and Records at 671-735-2210/1 by Aug. 12.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 671-735-2202 or email [email protected]
Guam Community College
Apply for fall semester until Aug. 12. Classes begin Aug. 17. Register in person or online at www.guamcc.edu/apply. Call 671-735-5531 or email [email protected] Students are encouraged to complete and submit a Free Application for Student Aid form. Call 671-735-5543/5544 or email [email protected]
The GCC Fall College Fair is from 11 am-5 pm Aug. 7 at the Micronesia Mall center court for those who are registering for GCC and for those looking for employment opportunities. Registration services and various GCC departments will be there. The Medical Assisting and Nursing program will perform free vital checks, the Cosmetology program will display their hairstyles on mannequins and the Culinary and Baking program will give out baked good samples. Additionally, Macy’s will host a “Back to School” fashion show from 1-3 pm featuring GCC students, staff, friends and family.