India’s entrepreneurial activity has witnessed unprecedented growth and evolution and has contributed significantly to the nation’s economic development. It is the world’s third largest source of start-ups and was ranked the second most entrepreneurial country in the world ahead of large economic powerhouses such as the United States, China, and the UK. The Indian start-up ecosystem witnessed exponential growth between 2015 and 2021, recording a 9X increase in the number of investors; a 7X increase in the total funding of Start-ups; a 7X increase in the number of incubators.
Entrepreneurs in India have opened new avenues of wealth creation, provided consumers with new products and services, and generated employment. They have also optimally used technology to enable the growth of their business models and created a market for their offerings. A fusion of innovation, human talent and technology has led to several profit-making ventures that have attracted international investors and a significant amount of capital infusion over the past few years.
What are the Key Learning Outcomes of IIT Delhi’s Executive Management Program in Entrepreneurship Development?
- The immersive program with a consultative learning approach will help participants acquire an entrepreneurial mindset and orient them with practical knowledge and essential perspectives on entrepreneurship. At the completion of the program, the learners will: –
- Benefit from a well-crafted platform to imbibe the entrepreneurial culture and be a part of entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Learn how to nourish purposeful business ideas and incubate and fund meritorious business opportunities.
- Get equipped with well-grounded skills to ideate, establish, grow, and scale up entrepreneurial ventures.
The IIT Delhi’s Executive Management Program in Entrepreneurship Development curriculum includes:
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem and Venture Creation
- Creativity, Innovation, and Design Thinking
- Marketing Management and Digital Marketing
- Marketing Research for Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Operations and Decisions
- Strategic Leadership and Team Management
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Business Plan Development and Pitching Skills
- Funding Entrepreneurial Ventures and Mentoring
- Business Laws and Policy Regulations
- Growing and Scaling Up Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Entrepreneurial Failure Management
Who is the program for?
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who are interested in starting their own venture
- Working professionals who wish to become their own bosses
- Professionals such as doctors, lawyers, artists, photographers, designers, keen on setting up a business
- Graduates from engineering colleges / Universities, who have a good skillset and want to take the start-up route
Completion Certificate for the program
At the end of the program, participants who score at least 60% marks overall and have a minimum attendance of 60% will receive a Certificate of Completion from IIT Delhi CEP. Those who score less than 60% marks overall and have a minimum attendance of 60% will receive a Certificate of Participation from IIT Delhi CEP.
Starts on: 26th June 2022
Program Fee: 1,00,000 + GST
Application Deadline: 15th May 2022
To learn more about the program and apply, click here
About IIT Delhi
The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) is one of the 5 initial IITs established for training, research and development in science, engineering, and technology in India. Established as College of Engineering in 1961, the Institute was later declared as an Institution of National Importance under the “Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963” and was renamed as “Indian Institute of Technology Delhi”. It was then accorded the status of a Deemed University with powers to decide its own academic policy, conduct its own examinations, and award its own degrees.
Since its inception, over 48,000 students have graduated from IIT Delhi in various disciplines including Engineering, Physical Sciences, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences. Of these, nearly 5,070 received PhD degrees. The rest obtained a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, and Business Administration. These alumni today work as scientists, technologists, business managers, and entrepreneurs. There are several alumni who have moved away from their original disciplines and have taken to administrative services, active politics or are with NGOs. In doing so, they have contributed significantly to the building of this nation and to industrialization around the world.