Judging is underway across 11 categories for the InnovationAus Awards for Excellence 2022, with finalists to be announced in September. Competition for the top prizes will be fierce, with the number of entries for 2022 nearly doubling over last year’s inaugural awards.
With the judges now at work, the Awards for Excellence will embark on a six-month program of stories and podcasts and videos that puts a spotlight on this illustrious crew of innovators and entrepreneurs – culminating in a black-tie Commercial Disco gala on November 17 at The Cutaway at Barangaroo in Sydney.
Our judges were selected to reflect Australia’s broad tech and innovation ecosystem, with industry leaders with backgrounds ranging across space, the health sector, deep tech, artificial intelligence and data, robotics and intellectual property.
“The goal here was to put together a group of industry leaders from broadly different backgrounds and industries, and we are very grateful to each of these judges for coming on board,” InnovationAus.com publisher Corrie McLeod said.
“This is an extremely impressive line-up, from chief scientists and public sector CEOs, leading academics and researchers, startup founders and corporate leaders,” Ms McLeod said.
“We think the people and the companies that have entered these awards are true heroes in Australia – building new companies, creating jobs and national wealth – and we believe they should be treated as such.”
“And by getting themselves and their products in front of this judging group is exciting. Who knows where this kind of thing can lead?”
This is an independent judging panel. InnovationAus.com staff do not have input into judging decisions, or visibility over the award entries.
The InnovationAus Awards for Excellence don’t happen without the support of our partners, which in 2022 include: the federal Department of Industry, Science and Resources, Investment NSW, Verizon Business Group, the Technology Council of Australia, Microsoft Australia, CSIRO, Mimecast , Agile Digital, Q-CTRL, the Innovation Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC), and Digital Health CRC and METS Ignited.
The InnovationAus 2022 Awards for Excellence judges are:
- Professor Caroline McMillen AOChief Scientist, South Australian Government
- Professor Hugh PossinghamChief Scientist, Queensland Government
- Adrian Beer, CEO, METS Ignited
- Alex ScandurraCo-Founder & Director, Spark Festival
- Alex HarringtonCo-Founder & CEO, Noegensis
- Dr. Amanda Caples, Lead Scientist, Victorian Government
- Andrew Fox-SmithPresident International (P&R and Mathys), Enovis
- Andrew NunnChief Entrepreneur, South Australian Government
- Ashley BrinsonFounder and CEO, Greener Technologies
- Audrey Lobo-PuloSenior Public Policy & Economic Graph Manager, Australia & New Zealand, LinkedIn
- Brad ChanFounder and Director, Haymarket HQ
- Cameron JohnsGeneral Manager of Innovation, Impact Innovation Group
- Chris BaxterChairman, Baxter IP Patent and Trademark Attorneys
- Cory StewartCEO, Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Hub
- David ChuterCEO and Managing Director, Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC)
- Dr Catherine BallAssociate Professor, Australian National University and start-up investor
- Ian OppermannChief Data Scientist, NSW Government
- Johanna WeaverDirector of the Tech Policy Design Centre, Australian National University
- Leigh DaytonJournalist and PHD in innovation, Independent
- Marina YastreboffNational Convener and President, Australian Society for Computers & Law
- Matt TettManaging Director, Enex TestLab
- Michelle Perugini, Mentor for Faster Capital; Co-Founder and CEO, Presagen | AI Enhanced Healthcare
- Mark LedsonOffice of the South Australian Chief Entrepreneur, Department for Innovation and Skills, South Australian Government
- Martin RedheadDirector, Business Innovation, Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Murray HurpsDirector of Entrepreneurship, UTS Startups
- Pia TurcinovDirector, Mystral Enterprises Consulting and Chair of WA AustCyber Innovation Hub and Women in technology WA Ambassador
- Thomas HajduCEO, Disrupter and CEO, tomandandy
- Toby Walsh – ARC Laureate Fellow and Scientia Professor of AI at UNSW and CSIRO Data61
The InnovationAus Awards for Excellence 2022 will be announced at a black-tie gala event on November 17 at The Cutaway in the Barangaroo Reserve in Sydney. You can reserve your seats here for this celebration of Australian talent and ingenuity.
Do you know more? Contact James Riley via Email.