TITLE: PROGRAM FINANCE COORDINATOR
TEAM / PROGRAM: Finance
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years
Level 1: the role holder will not have contact with children and / or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore, a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
The West and Central Africa Region has a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. The primary role of the RO is to support and build the capacity of nine Country Offices across the region. The RO is also a small business unit in itself and as such receives funds from SCI and Donors to run both oversight related operations as well as regional programs. The RO will need back office support to ensure proper use and management of these funds; the Program Finance Coordinator supports the financial operations of the RO.
The Program Finance Coordinator will work as part of the WCA Regional Finance Team and his / her primary function is acting as Finance point person for the regional office implementing partners and awards financial management. The Program Finance Coordinator contributes to the implementation of the policies and procedures and ensures that controls and procedures for Regional awards and partners are implemented. The post holder also works closely with the RO Finance Manager on the leadership of the RO finance function.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Finance Director (indirectly reporting to SIDA CSO Project Manager)
Number of direct reports: One Program Finance Officer
Role Dimensions: The SCI WCA Regional Office has overall annual expenditure of around $ 10m, with $ 4m for the core work of the RO (overseeing the work of 9 Country Offices in the region) and $ 6m for the programs implemented by the RO. The Program Finance Coordinator will be concerned with the financial management of these programs, in particular the AIDS CSO project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
– Work with the budget holders to ensure accurate budget phasing are done and loaded into the finance system.
– Ensure that budgets are uploaded in the Agresso finance system and that transactions are monitored for accuracy
– Ensure adherence to Save the Children global policies and essential standards in relation to finance processes and procedures.
– Work closely with business development team to establish and consolidate any regional proposal budget
– Prepare monthly Budget versus Actual reports (BVAs) for budget holders for awards, discussing and agreeing actions with budget holders
– Process the reallocation of expenses as required by the budget holders.
– Undertake any financial actions needed before closure of awards
– Flag any unspent award at least three months before closing date
– Flag and prepare any adjustment needed on transactions
– Continually improve compliance with donor regulations and flag any exceptions with management
– Collaborate with RO Finance Manager to gather necessary information for Master Budget and
– Prepare Regional Awards financial reports for donors
– Oversee the review of partners’ expenses and the follow-up to obtain any missing document and clarification
– Reconcile partner accounts
– Ensure that up-to-date, accurate and complete paper files of all awards and partners documents are maintained.
– Perform partners monitoring visits and trainings
– Ensure regional awards are ready for audits
– Gather documentation for audits and liaise with auditors as required
– Guide Program Finance Officer in the successful accomplishment of their tasks
– Undergo short remote secondments to Country Offices in the region to assist with financial duties
related to programs
– Perform other relevant Save the Children duties as assigned by the supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
* holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve
performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplined risks.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Qualified accountant CPA or ACCA and a degree in business related subjects
* At least one year’s experience of managing staff
* At least three years’ experience at Finance Officer level or above with an INGO or similar institution
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
* Experience of working with local organizations as implementing partners
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
* A high level of written and verbal communication in English and French and interpersonal skills.
* Proven knowledge and experience of computer use (MS-Excel, PowerPoint & MS-Word), preferably with accounting package Agresso.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aC5zYW5pLjc0ODMxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ