The Professional Division of Spherion Mid Ohio is partnering with the Richland County Foundation to secure the next Director of Finance and Operations for this amazing local non ‐ profit organization. The mission of the Richland County Foundation “It is to improve and enhance the quality of life in Richland County through strategic philanthropy and community leadership.” Join the team and become a part of this purposeful mission to enrich our community.
The Director of Finance and Operations shall be responsible for coordinating all financial procedures of the Foundation as established by the Board of Trustees, subject to the direction and supervision of the President.
The Director of Finance and Operations shall be responsible for the following:
· Maintain accurate accounting records including receipts, payables, general ledger, and reconciliation of bank and investment accounts. With the President, establish and maintain appropriate controls and oversee all procedures for accounting activities, including duties of other staff involved with accounting activities.
· Provide the President and Board of Trustees with quarterly financial statements, fund balances, grant budgets, investment performance, and other reports as needed.
· Maintain the fully integrated software management system (Foundation Information Management System by Blackbaud) that manages all accounting, accounts payable, gifts, and grants functions. Be responsible for the training and application of the software by the staff.
· Oversee payroll preparation by the outside payroll service provider along with compliance with all payroll taxes and related filings processed by the service provider.
· Maintain records and assist with the oversight of all personnel benefits provided by the personnel policies. This includes management of a 403 (b) retirement plan in conjunction with a third party administrator.
· Perform monthly fund allocations of investment results and fees.
· Serve with the Finance Committee. Work with the outside investment consultant and execute approved trades generally on a quarterly basis. Assist the Finance Committee with the development and implementation of plans for long-term investment and performance review.
· Provide information as needed and prepare the meeting minutes.
· Work with the information technology service provider in providing oversight of the computer network system including backup, hardware, and needed upgrades.
· With the President, develop and manage the annual operating budget.
· Prepare the annual grant funding budget.
· Coordinate the annual audit, financial statements, and IRS Form 990 with professional accountants and work with the Chair and the Audit Committee regarding management recommendations.
· Maintain the policies and procedures for all Foundation operations.
· Oversee the Administrative Assistant’s financial duties.
· Assist the President in overseeing a risk management program, including the purchase of appropriate insurance coverage, maintenance of strong internal controls to prevent fraud, and management of decision processes to minimize risk.
· Familiarity with all federal and state filing requirements related to the Foundation’s tax exempt status.
· Work courteously, effectively, and comfortably with others including donors, community leaders, volunteers, and staff.
· Exhibit professionalism in conduct, appearance, and performance.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA and fund accounting experience preferred;
· Strong fundamentals in accounting required.
· Excellent computer / software skills. Must be very skilled in Excel which is a heavily used application.
· Experience with FIMS (Foundation Information Management System) a plus.
· Experience with financial statements, investment performance reports and investment concepts.
· Skills in detecting and identifying problems / solutions.
· Knowledge of good financial management and audit procedures.
· Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, standards, and procedures (GAAP).
· Preferred GAAP nonprofit experience.
· Comfortable with making presentations to donors, professional advisors, and the Board.
· Must be technologically savvy — a quick learner of new software programs; and must have a demonstrated ability using technology as a tool to streamline responsibilities.
· 403b with 5% non ‐ elective employer match
· High deductible health insurance plan with health saving account contribution
· Paid vacation
· Paid personal days
· Paid sick leave
· Professional development
Does this sound like the opportunity that you have been seeking? Send resume to Jessica Johnson at email@example.com